Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The long ride back was very enjoyable, passing through some varied landscapes of grassland, forests, and villages. There were also a few very well-maintained farms. Turns out I can show my plane ticket to purchase duty-free goods at the customs & bond store in Alofi, so Peter (the Samoan builder) drove me there to pick up some alcohol. I got a large bottle of cheap gin and a large bottle of cheap bourbon, and Peter used up my leftover quota. His truck was very "rustic," has a wooden board for a seat, and I could see the road through the floor. Since I had a large bottle of gin, Brian kindly drove around looking for tonic for me, but couldn't find any, so picked me up some lemon & lime bitters. Everyone is so nice on the island so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment