Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A friendly old woman helped us find Stanley, who rented bikes to us for the week. Their one-size-fits-all helmet came nowhere close to fitting my head, so I'll just have to be careful for the week. After picking up some water, I decided I'd continue cycling up north for a quick look around. The first stop of interest is Nukai Peniamina's grave about 5km north of Alofi. Peniamina brought Christianity to Niue in 1846 after being converted in Samoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment