Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I cycled to a village I thought was Toi (but wasn't) before turning back. In retrospect, I had time to continue on to Toi and do a large loop. There are many cool and amusing signs around the island. I though it was great that "piggery" was a word here! Hair cutting and ear piercing ceremonies are an important rite of passage for Niuean children. Niuean boys do not have their hair cut, and as they come of age and become teenagers, there is a ceremony where they have their hair cut for the first time. Girls have their ears pierced when they came of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment