Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The bottom of the chasm is a pool of amazingly clear water. Swimming to the other side is pretty unsettling since you cross a section in the middle where there is a black bottomless hole below you a few metres long. Along with the echoing gurgling sound of water around, I had visions of being sucked into the abyss or some monster emerging from the underwater chasm. On the other side, there was a small opening to the surface, and some shrimp and tiny fish that clean your feet. The shrimp were especially attracted to the wound on my foot, but since it didn't hurt, I figure I'll let them rummage around a bit in the hopes they clean the wound out.

No comments:

Post a Comment