Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Down on Avatele Beach. The sand (or rather, broken coral) at the largest beach on Niue is quite rough , but is a popular spot for people to hang out at. I chatted with a guy reading an Assassin's Creed novel, a Swiss family, and a few others who trickled in around lunch time. Since the island is so small, everyone felt very approachable and was open to conversation. I also found that I kept bumping into the same people over and over again. There were times where someone would greet me enthusiastically by name, but I wouldn't remember who that was, since I met so many people in my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment