Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I sautéed it in some butter, and some of the "wild ginger" Alexa picked up during Jack's tour of the forest, although it tasted more like a weird version of turmeric. The end result was terrible. It was tough, bitter, and reminded me of the taste of sea squirt. Was it so different from supermarket sea cucumber because of the processing or species? I ended up throwing it out, and ate my evening pasta with some tinned tuna picked up from the bread shop earlier. For this evening, I started using insect spray and closed my windows. Finally, I was able to get some sleep minimally interrupted by mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment