Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Looking up at a banyan tree. Finally, Jack showed us an ebony tree with a black core visible through some folds in the trunk. He claims that Niuean ebony is the hardest and darkest in the world, and that only the trees growing on rocks developed the black ebony core. He also claimed that Niuean people are different - that there's a seed that Niueans can eat but others will get sick, and that Niueans are immune to asbestos since no Niueans working with asbestos have ever gotten cancer. I am somewhat skeptical of those claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment