Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

25 June 2011:

Here's a picture of the string of shell rings in progress. I didn't do much today. In the morning, I went out for a snorkel near the hotel. There wasn't much to see near the shore, but farther out past the sea grass were patches of coral colonies filled with fish. They were like little islands of life surrounded with schools of fish in an otherwise barren sandy seascape. It was quite choppy out here, so I had to be careful not to be swept into the coral. There was a great variety of things, including many very large fish who were very skittish. I also saw more clown fish, some of which were protecting cute babies staring out at me in the anemones. They were still quite aggressive, and one of them swam up and bit my mask.

Rough notes: http://mandarinmanmarktravelnotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-nz-to-sf-day-44.html

No comments:

Post a Comment