Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Friday, June 24, 2011

24 June 2011:

After dinner, I spent the evening sipping on a beer on the beach watching the stars and some meteorites until the clouds rolled in. I could see the faint lights from the mainland on the horizon, about 80km away. When I went back to the main hall to see if I can get another beer at around 8:30, everything was dark and the generator was off, so I spent the rest of the evening catching up fully on my travel notes and reading about the places I'm visiting next using the small battery lamp they provided. It was quite cozy in the dim room, knowing the beach was just outside and I was the only nearby light source I can see.

Rough notes: http://mandarinmanmarktravelnotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-nz-to-sf-day-42.html

No comments:

Post a Comment