Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

25 June 2011:

The walk back from the Blue Lagoon turned out to be one of the most beautiful walks of the trip. As the sun was setting, everything turned warm and golden, from the lush cassava fields the path cuts through to the softly drifting palm leaves to the gently shimmering water. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera with me, but have fond memories of that beautiful moment of warmth and calm. The Australian also told me about Cambodia and Laos, and here is where I made up my mind that I had to go see Vang Vieng and what everyone describes as the worst thing they've see, but everyone has to experience once. Dinner was good, any meal with taro or cassava is a good meal for me.

Rough notes: http://mandarinmanmarktravelnotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-nz-to-sf-day-44.html

No comments:

Post a Comment