Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The road in to Alofi. Walking by Niue Backpackers, Ira saw me and invited me in for a coconut to drink. Apparently, she was holding a room for a girl who inquired but didn't show up, so she invited me to stay with them. I wasn't sure if Jim would be happy about it, but she said it wouldn't be a problem as they were friends, so I agreed, but still was a bit uneasy. Turns out there was nothing to worry about! Brian, Ira's husband, drove me to the supermarket for supplies and then over to pick my stuff up and showed me to my room. They chatted about how Jim is always complaining he doesn't get any tourists, and when one shows up, he's not around to take care of them (in a good humoured way)! In any case, I was much happier staying in "downtown" Alofi.

No comments:

Post a Comment