Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

A nice cove by the backpackers. I had a long chat with Ira and Brian, who gave me very detailed info about what to do in Niue and plenty of drinks while I was there. Most stores were closed today, so I would have to wait until tomorrow to get my own drinks. The hostel itself was great - Ira and Brian lived downstairs, and the upstairs was a huge common room and kitchen with knick-knacks. The rooms themselves were clean and spacious, and amazingly, even though this was a hostel, Ira and Brian never put strangers in the same room, so the three parties staying for the week each had their own rooms! No wonder they book out so quickly, and the fact that she held a room because someone might have shown up made it even harder to get a room. I really appreciate them going beyond what's necessary in their focus on guests, treating everyone like family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment