Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I really liked the way this abandoned building looked. Niue is filled with abandoned buildings and some ghost towns after much of its former residents left the island nation. In fact, there are fifteen times the number of Niueans living in New Zealand than in Niue itself! Knowing the history and seeing the abandoned houses gives the island a peaceful and forlorn feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment