Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

28 June 2011:

Evening kava.

We drove through Nadi, which looked modern enough, but all the buildings and stores had disconcerting bars on their windows. After the airport and Raffles Resort in Nadi, I looked to be the only tourist left on the bus. The bus dropped me off at a pitch black road junction, and the chaperone told me Viseisei was about a kilometre down the road. I walked into the dark, with the stars glowing brightly above me. Eventually, I started seeing some lights, and was relieved to see the village. A few kids ran up to me as I entered the village with a hearty "bula!" and walked with me to Fi's house, where a large bowl of chicken curry was waiting to me. I gladly finished it, and the bones were given to the dog. Seems like dogs function a lot like garbage disposals everywhere in the islands, even New Zealand.

Rough notes: http://mandarinmanmarktravelnotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-nz-to-sf-day-46.html

No comments:

Post a Comment