Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

19 June 2011:

After passing the International Date Line again, I arrived in surprisingly modern Nadi Airport (pronounced "nahn-di") just as the day broke. I could see the shadowy outlines of dozens of islands on the descent, and dozens of points of light below, many of which belonged to ships drifting in the calm tropical ocean. I was picked up by a taxi-driving friend of the hosts and paid a reasonable fare. We drove by the Garden of the Sleeping Giant (the mountains form a sleeping man and woman) and sugar cane fields.

Rough notes:
http://mandarinmanmarktravelnotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-nz-to-sf-day-37.html

No comments:

Post a Comment