Welcome!

Welcome to my personal travel journal! If you don't know me, that's OK! I hope you'll enjoy reading about some of my adventures and misadventures, and hopefully learn something new about a corner of the world.

Recent updates:
2015-10-06: Day 8 of Niue in 2011.
2015-10-05: Day 7 of Niue in 2011.
2015-09-29: Day 6 of Niue in 2011.

For list of trips, see TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On the walk back, Alexa collected some of these bright red seeds. She told me that they are edible and will prepare some for us to try. These bright red seeds were pretty common in the Niuean forests, and I remembered seeing our taxi driver in Savai'i with something similar, which I was curious about. She called it something like "poumere," but I can't find the proper name for it. However, in searching online, I've identified this as adenanthera pavonina. The brilliance of these seeds have led to them being used for jewellery in some parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment